If you have been in my classroom or read my blog you know I love math games! Games are a wonderful way to keep students engaged while they are learning and practicing math concepts. Students who are engaged will understand and remember more or what they have learned!
a few seven of my favorite math games & fun activities!
1. Multiplication War – This is a great twist on the classic card game “War”. For directions, see my post here.
2. Rounding Buzz – Students will love the cute bug theme! Practice rounding to the tens and hundreds. There are “Buzz” cards which add a fun element! The “Buzz” cards give directions to pass cards to a different player or put a few back in the stack. At the end of the game, the player with the most cards wins!
3. Multiples Card Game – Players will race to order multiples. Watch out for the smile cards … they slow you down! The cards can also be used for a sorting center!
4. Flash Card Favorites – Use your favorite games, such as Connect Four, or Candy Land, and put a set of Flash Cards or Task Cards with them to make a classic favorite a math game. Players solve a math problem before they get to take a turn.
5. Fraction Matching – This game is a great way for students to practice composing and decomposing fractions while having fun!
6. Multiplication Spinner Games – Students can spin and win while practicing their facts! There are spinners for each set of facts on their own, and a few with mixed facts.
7. Word Problem Scavenger Hunt – Give your students a record sheet and let them search the room for problems to solve! Is fun for partner or group work, but could also be used as an individual activity for early finishers.
For more great math games and activities look at my Pinterest Board!